Protection of Personal Information
It is important to us that we keep your personal information safe as this is integral to your financial wellbeing. The Pension Funds Act, other legislation and regulatory standards require that the UWRF and its providers collect and process your personal information that it receives from you and your employer so that the UWRF and its providers can provide services to you and your beneficiaries in connection with the Fund.
Please refer to the Fund’s Promotion of Access to Information and Data Subject Participation Manual (“Manual”) and Data Protection Policy. These documents set out:
- the details of the Fund’s Information Officer;
- the Fund’s purposes for processing your personal information;
- what types of personal information the Fund processes;
- any justifications the Fund relies on to process your personal information;
- your rights with respect to personal information;
- how to access personal information from the Fund;
- who we receive your personal information from;
- how to complain to the Fund in relation to your personal information;
- the Fund’s retention policy; and
- other useful disclosures and information about how we process personal information.
You can access the Fund’s Manual and Data Protection Policy via the Fund’s Principal Officer, whose details are included under “Board of Trustees”.
The Fund may be required to keep personal information related to you, former members and beneficiaries for many years, even long after you have left the Fund.